Weiler

2 / 13
As all the bridges over the Our, Sauer and Moselle rivers were destroyed, the American engineer units had to built new ones. After crossing into Germany near Tintesm├╝hle (L) on February 6, 1945, the US 6th Armored Division managed to make its way south and east and could enlarge its bridgehead into Germany. The town of Dasburg (D) was under American control by 5 p.m. on February 21, 1945. The same evening, the 25th Armored Engineer Battalion of the 6th Armored Division started building a footbridge over the Our River, which connected Luxembourg to Germany again. As this bridge could not hold any heavy loads, it was replaced by a Bailey Bridge on February 28, 1945 by C Company of the 249th Engineer Combat Battalion.

Panel Dasburg